134th Infantry Regiment Website
"All Hell Can't Stop Us"
By Charles B. Hoyt
You can click on one of the links above to download Heroes of the Argonne - An Authentic History of the 35th Division, a World War I History as a PDF file or as an eBook for your iPad or Kindle. See below for instructions.
Download the iPad epub file to your computer and transfer it to your iPad using iTunes. This process is very similar to that of adding music from iTunes to your iPod.
1. Click the iPad file link above and save the file to your computer. The file name is heroesofargonne-ipad.epub
2. Navigate to the folder to which you downloaded the epub file.
3. Open iTunes, then drag and drop the epub file into iTunes. You should see a listing for Books under the LIBRARY column in iTunes.
4. Connect your iPad to your computer.
5. If iTunes isn't already open on your computer, open it. Your iPad should soon appear in iTunes under DEVICES.
6. Click the iPad listed under DEVICES; the Summary page appears.
7. Click the Books tab.
8. Check the Sync Books box. You can choose to sync all books or only selected books. If syncing selected books, check the box beside the eBook title(s) you wish to sync.
9. Click the Sync button in the lower right of the screen. iTunes will begin syncing your eBook to your iPad.
10.Open the iBooks application on the iPad. You should see the eBook(s) you synced to your iPad from iTunes.
11. To begin reading, simply select the book on the iBooks shelf.
1. Click on the Kindle file link above and save the file to your computer. The file name is herosofargonne-kindle.mobi
2. Connect the Kindle reader to your computer using a mini USB cable. These cables are supplied with most Kindle devices.
3. Once connected, the Kindle device will appear as a new drive attached to your computer.
4. Copy the eBook file to the Documents directory on the Kindle. On the Kindle Fire drag and drop into the "Books" folder.
5. Safely disconnect the USB cable. The new eBook should appear in the Kindle's directory.
|Return to Regimental History Index|